The purpose of this role is to work in the Investigations & Intelligence analytics team within Financial Crime Analytics & Data Science; focussed on mining the significant volume of customer and transactional data held by the bank.
Overall purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to work in the Investigations & Intelligence analytics team within Financial Crime Analytics & Data Science; focussed on mining the significant volume of customer and transactional data held by the bank. In analysing our data, the role holder will facilitate highly complex investigations, often with regulatory implications, conduct data profiling exercises to identify instances of illicit activity within our customer base and conduct thematic analysis to size our exposure as a bank to various threat vectors, for example related to high-risk jurisdictions.
The role holder will:
- Work in conjunction with other team members to deliver analytical end products and insight to stakeholers, and to conduct QA of the work of other team members to ensure accuracy.
- Work with stakeholders within Financial Crime to define analytical requirements and clearly communicate the results of any analysis.
- Liaise with Compliance Technology to highlight and resolve issues relating to either the quality of data used for analytics, or performance of the analytical environment.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of data structures with experience defining data and tools standards.
- Understanding and experience of data engineering and data modelling
- High degree of coding ability - significant experience required in any (preferably several) of: Spark, Python, HUE
- Strong experience of conducting data analytics within a Hadoop ecosystem
- Several years' experience in utilising analytic tools for data exploration, analysis and visualisation within the Financial Services industry
- In-depth understanding of a Financial Institutions systems infrastructure (Customer, Transactional, Payments)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong record of experience in successfully building relationships and engaging across a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders both within and beyond the function.
- Computer Science or numerate Degree
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will be creative and forward thinking, striving to improve and find solutions through effective innovation and project management
- Some knowledge of the UK and Global Financial Crime regulatory framework would be advantageous