A Boutique Fund Management business in the City of London is looking to recruit a Senior Data Engineer on a permanent basis. This role will suit someone with experience working in both boutique and medium to large sized organisations.
Skills and Experience
- Degree level education and computer science qualification preferred.
- Experience in Asset Management or Capital Markets business preferred but not essential.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a variety of development and engineering roles in a progressive IT environment.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment, and familiar with the practices of Continuous Delivery.
- Able to create a positive team and working environment, instilling a high-performance culture in the IT team.
Technical Skills and Experience
Required technical skills:
- Python, including Pandas
- Azure services
- Data Architecture
- Power BI, Tableau and Business Intelligence tools
- SQL Server database development
- C# and .Net Core and .NET Framework
- Web Service/ REST API design and implementation
- Non-relational DB (e.g. Mongo)
General development experience:
- Continuous Delivery
- Test Driven Design
- Comfortable working with a group of highly intelligent, conceptual thinkers.
- Self-starting and self-motivated.
- Can quickly build relationships, trust and confidence with the wider leadership team and across the whole business.
- Able to work and collaborate effectively with other teams in the business.
- Can develop ideas and proposals and successfully advocate for them.
- Keeps self up-to-date on latest technology developments and innovation
- Ambitious, with high standards
- Able to exemplify good values in working style and approach.
A willingness to challenge and address difficult issues.