Senior Data Researcher - UK Market
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 May 19
Senior Data Researcher - UK Market
The Senior Data Researcher position is an integral part of the integrity of S&P Global Market Intelligence's private equity and venture capital data. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting primary and secondary research of the UK private equity market by collaborating with C-level executives via phone/email. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in big data or financial data.
Senior Data Researchers are critical to S&P Global Market Intelligence's data content. Our subscribers make investment decisions based on the data the Research Team collects and validates. After extraction and validation, data is published to the platform and may be used by other data/news providers for presentation.
The Career Opportunity:
The right candidate will have the ability to develop professionally at a reputable financial research institution. Successful Data Researchers graduate to levels that involve project management, big data analysis and market development.
The Team / The Business:
The private equity research team has a fast paced and ever changing culture. The Senior Data Researcher must have superior time management skills as the team takes on multiple tasks and projects. The team is global and Data Researchers interact daily with other S&P Global Market Intelligence professionals who are based internationally.
• You will establish and maintain relationships with C-level professionals at private equity and venture capital firms via phone contact in an effort to collect data and validate internal research queries.
• You are required to conduct secondary research in order to identify, capture and validate deal-activity of buy-side and sell-side firms.
• You may be required to test new functionality on the S&P Global Market Intelligence platform.
• We expect you to approach platform in a client centric manner with suggestions that could lead to platform enhancements.
The candidate must possess an undergraduate degree in any field and demonstrate an interest in business or data (Finance, Marketing, Economics etc.)
• Excellent communication skills over the phone and e-mail
• Knowledge of the financial markets and Private equity a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills with exceptional time management
• Ability to work with little supervision and develop a process from the bottom up
• Strong knowledge of Excel and all other Microsoft Office Products
• Knowledge of additional European languages a plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.