Senior Data Scientist
- Competitive with Excellent Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Oct 18
As a Barclays Senior Data Scientist you'll play a key role in our dedicated Barclays UK Business Information team. We'll look to you to generate sound strategic insights from multiple, often complex raw data feeds, using your expert understanding of analytical and statistical data analysis techniques. You will work across the business, supporting strategy development and leading initiatives that will provide insights and improve the accuracy and availability of important data.
Senior Data Scientist
As a Barclays Senior Data Scientist you'll play a key role in our dedicated Barclays UK Business Information team. We'll look to you to generate sound strategic insights from multiple, often complex raw data feeds, using your expert understanding of analytical and statistical data analysis techniques. You will work across the business, supporting strategy development and leading initiatives that will provide insights and improve the accuracy and availability of important data. You will get the opportunity to work with new technologies, whilst shaping the development of a new team, as well as your career.
Our Insights and Analytics team is revolutionising the customer experience through digital technology, making a real impact on the lives of some 7 million people. It's an environment of constant innovation, ideal for people from various e-commerce and digital backgrounds who dream big, thrive on delivering smarter solutions to difficult problems and believe that anything's possible when great minds work together.
As a Senior Data Scientist, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Building analytical tools to generate insight, recognise patterns and predict behaviour, and to deliver content direct to users of information products.
* Working closely with information entrepreneurs and technology leaders, play a key role in the creation of the Information Business at Barclays.
* Working collaboratively with stakeholders from multiples teams within the Bank to devise innovative information product.
As Senior Data Scientist, your skills and qualifications will include:
* A Masters level degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, physics, computer science or engineering. Strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills are essential.
* Analytics, modelling or software development experience including coding/software development skills
* An understanding of and experience of applying machine learning methods and Big Data technologies.
* Experience of Scala (essential), Python, Java (as a precursor to learning Scala)
* Knowledge of the key numerical, analytical and machine learning libraries Apache Spark (essential), Hadoop or Scalding R (desirable), Octave/Matlab
* Experience in using a data warehouse with good working knowledge of SQL is also preferred
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.