Senior Data Scientist
Job Description About Thomson Reuters
You might be familiar with Reuters News, which is one of the 5 biggest media companies in the world, but you might not know that Thomson Reuters is also one of the leading sources of information for 98% of North American legal firms and the vast majority of the Fortune 100.
How much data do we have? Over 60,000 TBs worth of legal, regulatory, news, and tax. That's about 20,000 times more data than exists in Wikipedia.
Thomson Reuters has long invested in machine learning to help our customers do everything from quickly find the documents they are looking for to answering specific questions to predicting stock movements.
We are capitalizing on our decades of machine learning experience to push the envelope of what is possible using the latest cutting-edge techniques in deep learning and NLP. About Thomson Reuters Labs
With outstanding support from both the CEO and CTO, Thomson Reuters Labs is fueling data-driven innovation, developed in-house with a brilliant team of data scientists and sourced externally through partnership with game-changing startups and top academic researchers.
In addition to seeking a passionate Senior Data Scientist with an entrepreneurial spirit for our Lab location in Boston, applications are also welcome for our London, Toronto or Zurich Labs locations. In any location, you'll join a fast-paced team doing cutting-edge work that behaves like a startup, but leverages the support and resources of a world-class enterprise.
The goal of the Labs is simple: find new data science, machine learning and AI opportunities; prototype them; validate them; and work with product teams to bring them to market. We take on a wide variety of projects, use an agile approach to create minimal viable products, and work with the business units to find a path to market or production. By doing this we de-risk new opportunities in terms of technical viability, data viability, and customer demand. Position Title: Senior Data Scientist - Deep Learning Role Summary:
Thomson Reuters Labs is looking for data scientists with a passion for deep learning to join a growing team of deep learning specialists that has been driving transformation at the company. Our team has delivered a number of successful deep learning projects which have achieved human-level performance on complex natural language tasks. We are looking for data scientists excited to work at the forefront of deep learning technology in collaboration with other specialists, applying state-of-the-art models to challenging business problems. Key Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with dozens of data scientists, machine learning scientists and deep learning specialists-PhD's and Masters grads with experience in deep learning, machine learning, big data, statistics, natural language processing, probabilistic programming and data visualization-at Thomson Reuters Labs around the world to build AI systems that push the boundaries of what was previously considered possible.
- Continually research and learn how to apply state-of-the-art deep learning NLP techniques to keep your skills on the cutting edge of what is possible.
- Interact with customers and internal business partners to understand their business challenges and develop hypotheses about AI solutions to real world problems in legal, regulatory, news and tax domains.
- Run experiments with the latest deep learning models using frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, and toolkits such as Tensor2Tensor, Sockeye, and OpenNMT.
- Develop new deep learning models and innovative machine learning pipelines to solve real world business problems.
- Work with engineering teams to move your solutions into production.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in building machine learning models and/or systems
- Ability to translate the latest technical papers into implementations addressing our use cases.
- Development skills to rapidly deliver minimum viable products.
- Strong experience with scripting languages like Python or R.
- PhD or Masters in a data-heavy technical field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or other data-heavy discipline such as Physics or Chemistry or quantitative social science.
- Experience specifically with one or more of:
- Deep Learning (e.g. CNN, RNN, LSTM, Transformers, etc.)
- Natural Language Processing
- Bayesian Inference/Probabilistic Programming
- Big Data Systems or Analytics
- Knowledge Graphs
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructures.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations