Senior Data Scientist/Analytics/Fintech Lead - Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Miryco Consultants Ltd
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
To support the mission of exploring financial technologies that could dramatically improve investment performance or make capital markets work better, and to embed a culture of innovation within this leading Investment Manager.
This role will provide a senior data analytics/data scientist with the opportunity to be a key leader in the development, experimentation, implementation, architecture, and elevations of new and existing data strategies for a leading Investment Manager.
This will be a European foucssed role but will spend the majority of year 1 based in the United States working with the current innovation team.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline strongly preferred
- Minimum ten years leadership experience, preferably leading technical expert teams in IT or analytical discipline.
- Experienced with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques and their business applications.
- Candidates will be required to spend year 1 in the United States.
- Understanding of and role each of the following play: R, Python (Numpy, SciKit, Pandas, ML libraries ), Spark (and MLlib), Scala, Big Data technologies and ecosystems (AWS EMR, Apache, etc).
Salary £125,000 - £180,000 base salary
Should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills