Senior Delivery Manager
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Senior Delivery Manager Work Level: Manager / Expert Purpose:
The Transformation Change teams ha ve been established to provide enterprise business change for all teams within M&G. M&G Investments has successfully delivered major transformation initiatives for M&G in the last 3 years including the delivery of the creati on of a digital platform (Azure and Apigee) using Agile methods. The primary objectives for the team are to:
- Build a function that can deliver change at the pace and scale required for an organisation undertaking sustained transformation
- Remove barriers between the business teams , creating trust and fostering a culture of innovation
- Transform the method of delivery to an end-to-end capability where change is driven through multi-disciplined, business-led teams
You will be joining as a n Senior Delivery Manager allocated to a multi-disciplin ed team.
You will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships on behalf of the team. You will understand and analyse user and business needs and will typically create the link between current and future business models and the consequential business architecture. You will facilitate collaboration and communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
The role will include line-management / coaching responsibilities. Key Responsibilities:
- Evidence strong problem-solving skills by carefully weighing up options and involving appropriate individuals in making complex decisions collaboratively .
- Identify dependencies , tracking progress of each to ensure individual deliveries align to provide the end to end solution.
- Prioritise and organise the backlogs to ensure the deliveries deliver value early, ensuring the operational processes are documented and accepted.
- Be able to communicate the solution to all Stakeholders and Delivery teams. Articulating where/when and how the solution will be delivered.
- Be able to foresee, prevent , and mitigate risks and issues with delivery, to take fresh views and avoid rigid thought patterns
- Check their assumptions, question people when unsure of matters, challenge high level solution assumptions and analyse data from a variety of sources, sifting key information from the trivial .
- Deliver and maintain delivery plans and timelines to the Stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Identify and manage key man dependencies.
- Identify and communicate requirements in and out of scope of the solution
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify the value of solutions and gain appropriate approval, funding and prioritisation
- Model complex business processes and system workflows, using a suite of tools to map out the end to end processes and workflows
- Be comfortable with unfamiliarity and confident in facilitating meetings effectively to reach the desired outcome and integrate the needs of our different stakeholders to produce an overall solution
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues, influence where appropriate, and be comfortable in explaining concepts to people with different levels of business & technical knowledge, varying style and content to suit the audience
- Manage activities, deliverables and relationships with solution vendors and implementation partners to ensure solution quality and understanding of the business context
- Be able to know and clearly explain how the business requirements fit into the overall architecture in terms of business processes and system architecture
The role is ideally suited to someone who can:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of product and business strategy and lead large and/or complex analysis initiatives impacting one or more teams
- Communicate clearly to stakeholders the progress and direction of the Enterprise Delivery Office to encourage engagement and collaboration across the business.
- Inspire your team to deliver exceptional performance by helping them to connect the purpose of their work, beyond the impact to the bottom line
- Support my direct reports to make effective decisions, collaborate across silos, speak up and take personal accountability
- Be authentic, operate with integrity and encourage others to operate in a similar way
- Develop strong relationships, with my direct reports, understand them and their capabilities well, empower, stretch and support them to develop
- Encourage my team to solve business problems creatively and collaboratively and question the status quo
- Invite differing views and provide positive challenge to others
- Be curious and insightful about customer's needs and support my team to adapt to the changing environment
- Help others to learn from their mistakes, do not wait for perfection before action, and drive continuous improvement personally and via my team
- Simplify complexity for my team and reduce unnecessary bureaucracy
- Prioritise people before process and recognise the needs and perspectives of customers and colleagues
- Cut through complex issues and get to the heart of problems
Culture and Team-fit:
- Set clear priorities and expectations for others that guides them to deliver over the next year
- Use your judgement and expertise to make rigorous, yet decisive and bold decisions and ensure they are delivered
- Ensure your team operates in a customer focussed, commercial and efficient way and guide them to deliver against stretching targets
- Set the bar high for your team, provide timely feedback and hold yourself and them to account
- Oversee operational delivery and ensure controls are followed
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- We feel proud of our team culture, and are looking for those who share our values: openness, accountability, customer-focus, empowerment and improvement
- We are in a transformation environment; to thrive in this role, it is important to be resilient to and embrace change
- Demonstrate a background of working with Agile delivery teams (on-shore, off-shore and near-shore) with experience of different methodologies such as Scrum .
- Previous experience of working within Asset Management or wider Financial Services
- Has c ross asset class knowledge, including but not limited to Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, Alternatives, and Private Debt.
- Understand the principles of ESG investing and the data and principles that underpins this .
- A broad knowledge of different functions in asset management such as data, operations, reporting, investment strategy and investment management.
- A background in performing analysis on a wide range of subjects and delivering those requirements to the business.
- Ability to deliver clear and effective presentations to a wide array of stakeholders.
- The ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders of all levels
Recruiter: Joseph Scott
Expiry Date: 3/12/21
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things