Senior Design Researcher, Senior Consultant, Consulting, London
Your opportunity Want to imagine, deliver and run the future based on human needs? So do we.
We are in the future business. Focused on delivering the positive impact of digital technology to our client's business. Our journey is one of business, technology and creativity that today enables us to imagine, deliver and run the future. We're looking for a Design Researcher with 4-6 years industry experience to join our vibrant, diverse team on our design journey to help our XD Studio in London to design the future.
We are especially interested in hearing from researchers with a background in ethnography, UX research and/or digital research methods, spanning both qualitative methods and solid experience of analysing quantitative data to form insights into human behaviour. Fundamentally though, we want someone who will thrive working with the largest and most complex organisations. Who embraces the unmatched opportunity for growth and development possible within the Deloitte Digital team. Your role
Design researchers at Deloitte Digital bring their curiosity, empathy and interpretive skills to bear on all aspects of our work. From framing an innovation challenge to designing new propositions and testing prototypes with users, our research is pragmatic and applied, enabling us to consult, advise, design and make decisions with clarity and impact. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams alongside specialists from the other crafts within our design practice - Strategy, Service Design, UX Design, Visual Design and Front-end Development - to help shape the ongoing development of the design practice. This is a role that will offer you the opportunity to connect our teams, projects and clients with the customers and citizens we seek to serve.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Applying qualitative, quantitative, exploratory and evaluative methods to a variety of complex challenges across a range of clients and industries
- Playing an active role in planning and running client and internal definition and analysis workshops
- Synthesising and communicating research insights and findings in compelling and immersive ways
- Identifying the best way to effectively communicate findings
- Leading on the creation of high-quality design research deliverables and artefacts that drive successful project outcomes, including:
- Customer journeys (as-is and aspirational)
- Empathy maps
- Detailed reports detailing themes and evidence-based insights
- Scoping and planning of design research projects under the review of the team lead
- Identifying and sourcing suitable research participants
- Extracting insights from research data and using them to identify actionable insights and recommendations
- Considering accessibility and ethical factors throughout research
- Being an advocate for ethical and responsible research
- Collaborating with designers, strategists and technologists to turn research insights into meaningful solutions that have a real impact on our clients, their customers and society
- Client-facing advocacy for the purpose and value of user research
- Actively contributing to the constant evolution of the Deloitte Digital design research craft
- Giving effective feedback and mentoring junior practitioners (projects and XD studio)
- Articulating the value of research and how it goes hand-in-hand with other design disciplines to deliver successful outcomes
- Building and owning strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
- Actively growing your professional relationships with colleagues and clients to increase your network and broaden your knowledge base within the wider company
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You'll be based in our design studio in Clerkenwell, London - but most project roles will require you to spend time on site with our clients. You should be prepared for fairly regular domestic travel and, depending on circumstance, occasional travel within Europe.
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate these characteristics:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, with specialist skills in design research
- A passion for learning about the world, human behaviour, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface
- Comfort with ambiguity and experimentation
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- Compelling written and spoken communication
- Strong planning, organisation and documentation skills
- An interest in multiple disciplines and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- The ability to adapt methodology to deliver insight despite business constraints that may encountered
- Understanding of agile delivery methodologies and how research fits in
- A collaborative nature, drawing motivation from effective teamwork
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLCONS BACONM CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171294