A leading investment bank is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to come in and lead the team during a period of transformation and change.
Main Job Details:
What would you get involved with?
- You will design, build and maintain a reliable, scalable, secure and resilient platform.
- Collaborate with other DevOps engineers in improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting.
- Help implement a pragmatic CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development life cycle. Setup the pipeline to build and release our cloud hosted microservices as well as help in adapting legacy systems to benefit from DevOps practices.
- Strategically, you will help us move from our current Liberty WAS stack to a container focused pipeline.
- Coach other engineers on DevOps culture and practices. Comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps.
- You will work closely with our test engineers to help develop test cases, whilst ensuring the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested.
We’d like you to have experience with much of the following:
- Strong DevOps/SRE background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, code quality metrics etc. You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from design, through build to production and monitoring.
- You are well versed with continuous integration/continuous delivery and understand how to get to continuous deployments. You have knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods like Canary, Blue/Green, A/B etc
- You are fluent in at least one scripting language like Python or Ruby and experienced with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or Chef or Ansible.
- Strong experience with Docker containers and some experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Rancher.
- Production experience with monitoring and logging tools like Splunk, UrbanCode, AppDynamics, Prometheus, DataDog, PagerDuty and secrets management tools like Vault, CyberArk.
- Experience working in a cloud environment with ephemeral infrastructure.