One of the world's most prestigious tier-1 banks is seeking a technically proficient and enthusiastic senior software engineer to join an agile, global team working on large-scale problems core to the business in London.
You will be contributing to the team which builds the servers and clients for storage, access and global distribution of data within their ground-breaking, highly integrated risk management Scala platform. You will have ownership of technical deliverables and guiding other team members as you develop a cutting-edge, distributed and strongly consistent store providing data for everything from large-compute grids to front-office UI applications. This role offers the chance to integrate with open-source technologies such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Kafka, and with both internal and external cloud platforms.
The main development language here is Scala, but prior knowledge is not
required - you will be given help to learn it, collaborating closely with very experienced Scala developers.
The successful Senior Developer will have a proven track record of mentoring/managing other developers and be a strong problem solver with analytical skills. Requirements
- Significant experience in any of the following: C++, Java, .Net or similar languages
- Sound understanding of core CompSci concepts and code optimization techniques
- Technically curious mindset, keen to dig beneath the surface to understand how things work, why they're like that and what the design trade-offs were
- Financial industry experience is not a pre-requisite, but familiarity with large enterprise systems is beneficial
Culture / Benefits
- Skills in any of the following: SQL, no-SQL datastores, Scala
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Direct business impact working in an agile environment
- Collaborative culture and an exciting place to work
- Flexible working/working from home opportunities
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch: Jack Peck
+44 7581 488634