Senior Director, Investor Sales - The Asset Management Exchange
Salary: Not Specified
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
As Investor Sales Manager you will be responsible for building relationships with UK institutional investors with the aim of converting them to AMX. Initial success has primarily come from DB pension funds and we expect this to continue to be an area of focus.The Asset Management Exchange (AMX) is a new business launched in February 2017 that has experience exceptional growth in its first year, with total assets of $3.5bn. It is a new type of platform which benefits both institutional investors as well as investment managers – offering a smarter, easier and cheaper operating model to both sides. It is owned and backed by Willis Towers Watson, which runs one of the largest investment consulting businesses globally, but it has been designed to be open-architecture in nature. This means that it is open to all institutional investors and asset managers, regardless of whether they are an existing client of Willis Towers Watson (in the case of an investor) or rated by the Willis Towers Watson research team (in the case of an investment manager). As an Investor Sales Manager you will be responsible for building relationships with UK institutional investors with the aim of converting them to the exchange. The initial success has primarily come from DB pension funds and we expect this to continue to be an area of focus. The role is within the AMX Business Development team, reporting to the Head of External Sales – a position currently filled by the Global Head of AMX. Given the entrepreneurial nature of the business you will be working closely with the entire team.
- Establishing the universe of relevant investors, segmenting it and developing a list of priority targets
- Constantly generating new prospects by establishing and building relationships with investors in order to build the platform in terms of number of investors and % of assets on the exchange
- Diligently working through a pipeline of active opportunities to move them through a defined sales process
- Developing and enhancing the messaging, pitch and commercial proposition
- “Marketing” the AMX offering in the pension world more broadly – conference speaking, interviews etc
- Working with the broader AMX Business Development team to ensure that the strategy for manger and investor business development is fully aligned
- Management reporting via a CRM system and other methods if applicable to ensure the AMX management team is updated on strategy and progress.
- Significant experience in an Asset Management Business Development function
- The candidate will be educated to degree level and ideally has a relevant industry qualification (IMC/CFA)
- Demonstrable track record of institutional quality relationships throughout the industry
- Able to forge relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with senior business leaders, drawing on strong business acumen
- Self-motivated and organised with ability to manage and prioritise multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Team player who is flexible and adaptable across a range of tasks.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.