Senior ESG Analyst/Specialist - Investment Manager - London
A leading Multi- Billion Dollar Global equity investment manager are looking to add to the team. With the growing demand of sustainable investing in today's current and competitive climate, the most successful investment firms realize the importance of having a team dedicated to conducting research and stewardship surround the topic of ESG.
The individual they seek to add will take a lead role in delivering the firms ESG efforts on a sector basis and provide recommendations across asset class on the material risks and ESG considerations. The position will be reporting into the Global Head of ESG. Responsibilities include:
• Visiting companies with the EQ/FI analysts and discuss ESG.
• Follow up with company boards on ESG matters such as diversity and governance.
• Lead the proxy voting activities on behalf of the firm.
• Assess companies on an individual name basis by analysing the environmental and social risks and what the impact be on the earnings of the companies under certain scenarios. To apply, you should have:
• Circa 7-15 experience in investment management
• Gradually shifted towards a more ESG focussed role
• A passion for sustainable investing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• CFA accredited
• Experience working in equity research (buy or sell side)
• The client is specifically looking for equity research or investment expertise therefore this role would not suit an individual with pure stewardship/governance or sustainability experience.