- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Corporate Title: Director
Line of Business: Global Risk Analytics
Want to be part of a leading global institution? Here in our Bromley office we are happy to announce we are recruiting for an international Economist to join our Macroeconomic Scenario Generation Team. Our team is responsible for econometric modelling and scenario generation to support US and non-US regulatory stress testing requirements (including CCAR, EBA), financial planning, critical planning and other enterprise risk management activities.
The current model coverage includes US national macroeconomic models, US regional macro-economic models and other satellite models for international macro-economic variables, foreign exchange rates, and US and non-US interest rate and financial market variables. The role provides an opportunity to work in an area that is critically important to the company.
Our work has an internal component but also involves interactions with key regulators. It is dynamic and intellectually challenging.
We interact daily with quantitative modelers and senior bank management to improve our models and adapt to changing business needs.
The team's positive culture values dedicated and collaborative problem-solving, investment in efficient processes with a high degree of accuracy and continuous improvement. Each member is connected with and contributes significantly to the entire end-to-end process, providing opportunities for continual learning and development.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Non-US economic theory support
- International model prototyping and testing, esp. EBA/PRB stress testing and scenario development
- Building hypothetical scenario concepts, particularly those that originate outside the US
- Verbal and written communication including descriptive narratives and economic interpretation of scenario projections and concepts
- Critical review of economic scenario outcomes
- Contributing to economic scenario model documentation, particularly from an economic theory perspective
- Sharing international modeling and stress testing concepts with key members of the Banks' lines of business
What skills, qualifications and competencies will you ideally possess?
- PhD in Economics, econometrics or equivalent experience, with a quantitative focus and/or experience
- Extensive experience of international economists experience
- Extensive economic theory and intuition, with expertise in international macro-economics and financial markets
- Ability to work with quantitative team to prototype and understand econometric models
- Promotes collaboration
- Delivers results
- Communicates with impact
- Problem solver
- Takes ownership
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.