We are working with one of the worlds largest Asset Management companies, with currently over $1 Trillion AUM, to find a Senior Engineering Manager. The role is to lead the Analytics and Data Engineering team in building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled applications. This is a hands-on, full development life cycle role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, logic, data and technical challenges. As the leader of your engineering team, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration skills as well as possess a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Leadership and management: Maintain high standards, develop others and match people to job design
- Design of effective engineering processes
- Product development expertise
- Architecture, craftsmanship & engineering discipline
- Domain skills & experience
- Ensure a portfolio of excellent & enduring products and processes that fulfil the customer need
- Ensure the application designs and engineering processes fulfil the target operating model and architecture with maximum agility and efficiency
- Enable excellent team work
- Manage great engineering talent
- Ensure excellent customers relationships
- Ensure product delivery is of a high quality with each and every release
Technology and Business Skills:
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming language(s) - Python, Java, C/C++
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools Angular/Backbone/ReactJS, Esper, Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas), Pyramid, etc.
- Experience building modern web applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.