Why apply for this role? As a responsible bank, we're committed to managing our risks. Our enterprise risk management function supports the review and oversight of the risk framework across a variety of business units.
The work you'll do is important, so you'll need to be confident in challenging these business lines in terms of stress testing. It will be down to you to ensure appropriate frameworks are in place - ensuring Strategic Risk is controlled appropriately and coordinating the firm-wide Risk Identification and Assessment process.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get involved in a blend of risk areas across the bank.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the Enterprise Risk function by ensuring that the business and the business support units conduct stress testing in line with the Stress Testing Framework
- Providing initial review and challenging projections and results prior to their presentation to the Stress Testing Risk Control Forum (STF)
- Taking responsibility for the management of the Risk Identification and Assessment (RPA) process, coordinating the gathering, reviewing and processing of this information
- Performing the control of risks associated with the implementation of the firm's strategic plans as defined in the Strategic Risk Framework
- Reviewing and challenging all aspects of stress testing, focusing on firm-wide exercises and understand the impact of stress testing across the bank
- Ensuring that stress testing is used to set, review and challenge the Risk Appetite
What we're looking for
- Excellent knowledge of key risk types, how they inter-relate with each other and how they impact upon the performance of the bank
- Thorough understanding of financial products, instruments and market dynamics that affect financial risks impacting upon the bank
- Thorough understanding of risk management practices, processes and techniques
- Experience across multiple business models is desirable
- An understanding of key regulatory requirements and their impact on the business such as capital, liquidity, and IRRB
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.