Senior Equities Research Analyst - Materials, Utilities or Banks
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
The Columbia Threadneedle Equities Team is looking to recruit a new Senior Research Analyst who is a Utilities, and/or Materials and/or Banks sector specialist.
Our Central Research Team are dedicated to European (including UK) research, working with both the UK Equities and European Equities Portfolio Management desks to enhance our coverage of the European markets. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- To integrate relative value analysis and in-depth industry research into actionable recommendations.
- Through primary research on broader industry trends and specific companies via expert calls, earnings calls, company visits, industry meetings, and sell-side events, the analyst will generate ideas that aid portfolio performance.
- Use effective communication to appropriately influence and share ideas with colleagues.
- Perform financial modelling of security, company and industry information and assumptions.
- Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research recommendations.
- Interact with management from firms within the sector, attending company meetings and conferences as needed.
- Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings.
- Assist portfolio management teams in portfolio construction and risk management.
- European travel with Portfolio Managers/Analysts/CPM's, as required to conduct marketing and to meet clients/institutions.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Considerable and demonstrable experience in research covering the UK and European Banks, Materials and/or Utilities sectors for an Asset Management firm.
- Advanced communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with Portfolio Managers and Analyst colleagues and to interact with company management teams, as required.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform company, industry and economic analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Excel and database management.
- Ability to create detailed earnings models and written reports to support stock rankings.
- Diverse knowledge and experience of valuation methodologies.
- Significant proficiency in financial modelling.
- MBA and/or CFA.
- Previous experience as a buy-side equity analyst