Senior Expense and Travel Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
Senior Expense and Travel Administrator
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance. With over 2,000 professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
Expense Management is primarily comprised of expense report approval, invoice approval, travel preauthorization, compliance review of gifts and entertainment and a number of ad hoc task/projects related to Expense Management for Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets.
This position will be responsible for guiding the Expense Management auditing team to make effective decisions in the absence of detailed policy or precedent. Required to understand, interpret and explain the rules of the Business Units’ Travel and Expense Policies to the auditing team and our clients.
This position will be given signatory rights starting at $10,000 granting the right to serve as the final approver for employee reimbursement and invoice payment issuance.
Supporting the team leader with day to day activities for the department including staffing, training, performance management, customer service, productivity, reporting. Connectivity with the office during off hours, weekends and holidays required as needed.
Candidate will need to anticipate problems and resolve most issues independently by applying good judgment to the existing policies.
• Serves as signatory giving final approval to expense claims value up to $10,000 and invoices up to £50,000.
• Responsible for keeping fully abreast of policy changes and communicating to the auditing team
• Responsible for balancing work load and prioritizing assignments
• Participate in the new hire interview and candidate selection process
• Support team leader in the training of new hires
• Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to transactions recorded by bankers and administrative assistants
• Perform any combination of auditors duties
• Evaluate travel requests, approve travel exceptions and escalate out of policy requests as required
• Evaluate and communicate out of policy requests as required
• Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete
• Return expense reports with out of policy requests to the submitter for adjustment
• Support Team Leader as needed with the weekly team
• Support Team Leader with Fiscal reporting on an as needed, quarterly and annual basis.
• Support Team Leader as needed with day-to-day team activities and escalate issues as appropriate
• Previous experience gained from working within a team leader role in a customer service environment
• Flexible approach to work in order to satisfy the needs of the business
• Excellent communication skills.
• Leadership skills
• Ability to be pro-active
• Innovation and process improvement skills
• Judgement and Decision Making.
• Business acumen - Understanding the bigger picture both internally and externally.
• Professional, treating others fairly, displaying a positive outlook and high energy.
• Excellent Team working skills
• Ability to coach and mentor team members
• Good Organisation Skills
• Good attention to detail
• MS Office skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents