Senior FP&A Analyst- Asset Management
- GBP70000 - GBP90000 per annum + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 10 Oct 18
Excellent role within the Financial Planning and Analysis function of a global Asset Management firm's Finance team. You will be responsible for delivery of a high quality MI and financial analysis to the senior management team, business heads and investor relations. The role offers the opportunity to develop and enhance existing skills whilst assisting the team in support of a business which is achieving significant growth within the UK market.
My client are a one of the largest and longest-established providers of high-quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services.
They are a genuine market leader and one of the most recognised names in financial services.
More information will be available upon successful application to the role.
The Senior FP&A Analyst is an integral part of the FP&A team and will involve a combination of data analysis, modelling and manipulation from a range of systems, in support of the wider business.
- Ownership of divisional processes for reporting client asset balances and movements
- Oversight of FP&A systems (Data Warehouse, Adaptive Planner, SAP & BPC)
- Compilation and ongoing development of clear and accurate MI of a consistently high quality to support the wider business in tracking, forecasting and evaluating results, trends and initiatives
- Manage forecasting, budgeting, and longer range planning for the division, providing an independent challenge and validation of key assumption
- Business partnering to key stakeholders in Operations, Legal & Compliance and Human Resources including development of MI and building relationships driving effective 2-way communication
- Continuous development of knowledge about the business and its clients, services, economics, peers, and competitive and regulatory environment
- Provision of reporting and analysis to Group Finance and Group Investor Relations assisting in the understanding and communication of the division's performance to investors and external analysts
- Data interrogation, reconciliations and analysis from a variety of systems including Excel, Intelligent Office, Adaptive Planning, SAP products and Finance Data Warehouse
- Support development and enhancement of FP&A output with increased automation and controls
- Responding to ad hoc queries and projects and providing support to the business heads, senior management, CFO and FP&A team
To be considered for the Senior FP&A Analyst role, you must be:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Experience in an FP&A role within an asset management or financial services firm
- Previous experience in AUM reporting would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to combine detailed analysis with professional presentation
- Confident, energetic and willing to initiate partnerships with key stakeholders
- Highly numerate with a logical mind and appreciation for accuracy; with the ability to own and manage a range of tasks and projects through to completion
- Well developed and controlled modelling and system skills including Excel and PowerPoint; experience of system based report building would be an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a high performing team
- Keen desire to learn, increase understanding of the business and find creative ways to add value
- Excellent career prospects
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension & Life assurance
- Private Medical Insurance