Senior FP\u0026A Analyst
Our Commercial Finance function is growing and we're looking for a technical and naturally commercial new member. This squad partners with different business groups at Monzo on core Finance areas to manage their forecasting and P&L as well as helping the business make strategic decisions. They also partner with Finance specialists like in financial reporting and tax to ensure the business understands any impacts of their activities. From where to invest, understanding business performance and making decisions on growth, this squad will partner across many different levels at Monzo.
You will drive initiatives including robust business forecasts, designing frameworks and ways of working to optimise decision-making, and providing our management team, Board, and employees with insights and recommendations about our performance. You're comfortable with both digging into details and thinking about the big picture.
The right candidate will have participated in commercial analysis and forecasted P&Ls. Banking experience is not necessary, but a plus.
As Monzo grows, our needs are also evolving, so you are agile, curious and determined to dabble in other areas of the business. You are a self starter, eager to learn quickly and share your knowledge widely. How you'll contribute:
You should apply if you:
- Leverage your technical, financial, and banking expertise to help drive pricing and capital allocation decisions across the bank
- Work closely with regulatory reporting, treasury and product squads to maintain capital and P&L projections and insights
- Support decision-making across the organisation with ad-hoc analysis (e.g. customer modelling, cost optimisation)
- Sync with all Finance areas to ensure you have a rounded understanding of the financial impacts across the business
- Carry out analysis for and present management and investor reports
- Have 3-5 years of experience in FP&A, business partnering or strategy
- Can demonstrate experience of driving insights and decisions for a business
- Have experience building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Have modelling experience (Excel at a minimum)
- Having SQL and data analysis experience is a big plus
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, and a couple of on-site or video interviews.
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits .
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us at Monzo - if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent in the world, and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, from home or as a job-share, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life harmony.