Senior Finance Analyst
DESCRIPTION Amazon is looking for an exceptional Senior Financial Analyst based in London. Amazon EU is one of the fastest growing business for Amazon globally where we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world class e-commerce platform.
You will be responsible for defining and driving key financial projects with retail PanEU categories. This position is a critical partner to the EU leadership team, and will have responsibility for creating business metrics to assess project performance, forecasting, reporting and analysis. This includes interacting with business & finance teams across Europe, stakeholders across categories and operations to deliver key insights impacting the Amazon EU P&L. The successful candidate will need to be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. This is a role with high exposure to senior management across Amazon EU businesses and requires structured thinking and strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and multicultural environment. Above all, we seek an analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfil the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History".
• P&L ownership - analysis of the financial outputs, connecting them with the underlying input drivers and translating them into insights to inform and execute business decisions.
• Partnering with business leaders, subject matter experts, accounting, inventory and operations teams to provide analytics, strategic guidance and decision support to senior executives on the key 2020 initiatives and beyond.
• Tracking business performance against goals and leading goal reviews with senior management; developing and implementing policies and programs to maintain and improve profitability.
• Facilitating financial reviews, performing analysis on weekly, monthly and quarterly results. Drive team productivity by automating and outsourcing reporting and analysis.
• Supervision of planning and reporting processes for the business, in line with Amazon planning/reporting cycles.
• Develop and implement long range business plans carefully evaluating risks & opportunities across Europe.
• Project ownership, working with business partners to deliver projects such as new product launches, innovations, and customer analysis that help us better serve Amazon's customers.
• Drive EU-wide finance-specific deliverables and projects by collaborating with EU Finance teams
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant finance qualification (CIMA.ACA.ACCA) or MBA.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree.
• Significant work experience in finance, consulting, investment banking or similar.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong business judgment and good instincts. Ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills.
• Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL/COGNOS would be beneficial, and a willingness to learn these is essential
• Ability to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes. Sound business judgment, analytical & data modelling skills and proven ability to influence others.
• Operate at all levels, by staying connected to the details as well as being able to step back and see the bigger picture.