PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Overview
The PIMCO EMEA Finance team is primarily responsible for oversight and financial management across the region, which includes financial planning & analysis, managing risks, accounting & controls, and reporting. The team works closely with the Newport Beach finance team and 3rd party bookkeepers on all financial and business analysis matters.
The successful candidate will serve as an EMEA Senior Finance Associate for operations in the UK, Luxembourg and Ireland. The candidate will lend their experience and expertise to select strategic projects where relevant.
As a global firm, many projects and tasks require close coordination with different teams and colleagues across the globe. Therefore, strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills across stakeholders (both inside and outside of the finance function) are essential. As the industry and our business continues to evolve and becomes more complex, a solutions-oriented mindset and the ability to adapt and think flexibly is essential. Primary Responsibilities
- Support the team in the financial reporting preparation carried out by local bookkeepers, including month and year-end close processes
- Prepare monthly accounts and monitor regulatory capital and liquidity requirements
- Prepare reviews of the financial statements and any required financial and regulatory reports to ensure all information is reported in conformity with applicable GAAP and regulations and consistent with established company policies and procedures
- Prepare and support in all audit queries (internal and external)
- Work with the PIMCO Foundation on all accounting and payment issues
- Create management reporting including management accounts and cost center reports as well as responding to request for financial information in Request for Proposals
- Monitor forecasts and budgets; provide variance analysis
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and assumptions to assist with optimizing liquidity according to the company's and group's policies and initiation of repatriation or funding actions
- Conduct accounting research and assisting with the resolution of technical accounting issues
- Liaise with the relevant counterparts on the business side, International Tax located in Newport Beach, local bookkeeper, and tax advisors on tax matters including the support of the preparation of the corporate tax and VAT returns. Communications with PIMCO's parent company accounting staff will also be required
- Prepare reports to senior management
- Preparation of various statutory regulatory reporting returns
- Document and/or carry out financial reporting controls, policies and procedures
- Ad hoc projects including technology, process improvement, and new business integration
- Qualified Accountant who ideally has experience in an accounting/financial reporting role, preferably with a demonstrable track record in a well-regarded accounting firm and/or financial services company
- Strong excel knowledge essential
- Understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS (US GAAP beneficial but not essential) as well as general knowledge of financial reporting in a regulatory environment. Charity accounting knowledge beneficial but not essential
- Understanding and experience of regulatory capital reporting in UK and the regulatory environment (FCA rules) beneficial
- Demonstrate good analytical and critical thinking skills; including the ability to identify problems and suggest solutions
- Work well under pressure and ability to prioritize amongst multiple projects with a sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues
- Proactive self-starter who is able to work independently as well as within a team
- Highly organized; risk aware, controls focused, process experience beneficial, with strong documentation skills
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint. Experience with SAP and Alteryx a benefit
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; can work with all levels and stakeholders both internally and externally
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.