Our client is a successful global brand name, an established financial services PLC who have been going through an impressive period of growth. Their London operations are now looking to hire a Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Senior Finance Business Partner to provide finance business partnering to senior management across the company's Support functions (i.e. Risk, Finance, Operations, HR, etc.), as well as their EMEA management teams. Whilst there is an emphasis on cost management and continually improving reporting, the role includes supporting projects, new business initiatives, preparing informative commentary for monthly flash and management accounts, producing budgets and forecasts and analysing allocations.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with experience reporting in a multi-entity and multi-currency environment (can be from any sector with financial services industry experience being nice to have but not essential)
- Solid management reporting and finance business partnering experience
- Cost reporting and analysis experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to engage in big-picture storytelling
- Process improvement mindset
- Prepare and present cost and headcount management information for multiple Support functions, working with appropriate software to develop and deliver self-serve dashboards
- Work with the Financial Control team to ensure the integrity of the month end P&L, manage the EMEA monthly flash process and supply accrual data where required
- Build a strong rapport with the function heads and become a key member of the financial decision making process
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting for multiple functions, and monitor material changes for the rolling forecast
- Analyse Workday headcount and work with HR and the functions to ensure the monthly numbers are correctly reported
- Review and update the function cost allocations as required, and complete an annual signoff with the appropriate stakeholders
- Review and update the cost centre hierarchy
- Review and update the cost centre owners and associated approval limits, and complete an annual signoff with the appropriate seniority
- Partner with Procurement on the financials of new contracts and renewals and be a purchase order approver for designated function cost centres
- Work with the Financial Control team on any service company audit queries
- Fulfil additional ad hoc duties as required
Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong FP&A background
- Prior experience and understanding of cost management an advantage
- Experience of Oracle Financials, Hyperion (HFM, Essbase) and Onestream preferred
- Strong Excel skills and proven experience of data modelling
- Previous experience working across multiple functions within a business
- Qualified accountant
- Knowledge of the financial services industry an advantage
- Strong organisational skills, including multi-tasking and prioritisation, and the ability to deliver quality work under tight deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels and across multiple areas of the organisation.
- Proactive ability to analyse problems, propose remedies and implement solutions to drive efficiency and improve controls.
- Works to support other members of the team as needed.
- Takes ownership and responsibility where appropriate.