Senior Financial Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
An opportunity has arisen to join a business undergoing immense change as legacy financial services companies are spun out of their parent companies into a joint venture. A new finance business partner team is being set up to support the business leadership team in all aspects of financial planning, analysis and decision support.
Accountabilities will vary as the JV is established but will include:
- Preparing annual revenue/expense/capital budgets plus reforecasts in conjunction with the senior leadership team, both on a detailed bottom-up and higher-level top down basis. Ensuring that the budget aligns with key enterprise objectives and strategies
- Analysing monthly revenue and expense variance to budget and preparing and presenting reports explaining this to a variety of stakeholders, in addition to other KPIs
- Understanding and evaluating cost and revenue drivers for division functions and activities.
- Supporting the accounting team in month-end processes, including the migration of accounting and other corporate functions to one parent
- Working alongside the strategy team and business function owners to create financial models for investment proposals and new products. Comparing the financial return of project investment proposals and tracking their performance against expectations
Candidate experience and skills - required:
- experience managing large, complex data sets and producing useful analysis and reports that tell a story and drive change
- inquisitiveness combined with the ability to sensitively question how things are done and make practicable proposals to improve processes, both within finance and other functions
- proven ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- strong Excel skills including the ability to create financial models that produce the required output and other colleagues can pick up and use
- professionalism to interact with all levels across the business
Candidate experience and skills - preferred:
- history supporting a business operating under a matrix leadership structure
- experience of working in a company undergoing large-scale change
- an accounting qualification
- background in financial services or technology due to the complex nature of the products
- experience of companies with operations in multiple locations and calculating fx exposure