Senior Financial Analyst - Book Depository
L6 Financial Analyst - Book Depository
Come help Book Depository deliver our goal of "All Books to All", providing strategic level Finance support across the whole P&L.
Amazon is seeking a Commercial Finance Business Partner to join "Book Depository" - a subsidiary based at the Amazon UK headquarters in Shoreditch, London (Gloucester based applicants also accepted). This role focuses on business partnering with the Book Depository commercial teams to provide analysis on the business' strategic, financial and operational plans, as well as monitoring monthly business performance and managing projects impacting the whole business. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key finance partner in a rapidly evolving subsidiary within the Amazon family, working with the Retail Finance Lead of Book Depository.
Book Depository (bookdepository.com) is a leading international online book retailer with a unique value proposition - huge selection (+20 million books), low prices and Free Delivery Worldwide -- and a vision to sell 'All Books To All'. Our Headquarters are in London and our Fulfilment Centre is in Gloucester, with further offices in Madrid and Cape Town. Book Depository has its own Technology team based in London and Madrid. As an Amazon company, our strategy is to be a leading bookseller in all 170 countries, displaying books in 26 different local currencies.
We're looking for exceptional people with solid financial knowledge and outstanding analytical skills. People who love books and numbers(!), who can think critically, and who will use their financial acumen to help drive the strategy for Book Depository. This is a rare opportunity to work across multiple areas of the business, diving deep into key issues that arise, providing insights into commercial, marketing, operational and technical challenges we face and provide recommendations. Responsibilities can include analysing weekly margin performance to leading the business's 3 year strategy with the commercial teams to come up with new ideas. The scope of this role means there is plenty of opportunity to advance and develop. A requirement of strong interpersonal and communication skills is essential with regular interaction with senior executives and various stakeholders across Amazon. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and multicultural environment. Above all, we seek an analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfil the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History".
Key responsibilities include:
• Partnering with business leaders, subject matter experts, accounting, FP&A teams to provide analytics, strategic guidance and decision support to senior executives on the key 2020 initiatives
• Top-to-Bottom P&L ownership - the team owns the full P&L requiring analysis of the financial outputs, connecting them with the underlying input drivers and translating them into insights to inform and execute business decisions.
• Deep Dives into key trends/issues arising and challenge business partners on key operational, commercial and financial metrics, for example reviewing productivity measures and improvements of labour costs in Book Depository's fulfilment centre .
• Delivering a bottoms up forecasting and planning process for Book Depository from revenue down to Profit engaging key stakeholders across the business including commercial, marketing, operational and delivery experience teams.
• Maintaining finance controllership by business partnering with accounting at month end and converting key financial information into a business review process with all stakeholders.
• Continuous development and simplification of efficient reporting tools and processes to support decision-making.
• Providing analytical support such as the evaluation of business proposals, and driving ad-hoc cross-functional projects, working with business partners to deliver projects, evaluating financial proposals and offering commercial insights into key projects such as evaluating new fulfilment centres or new delivery propositions for Book Depository customers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
In return, we will offer you a competitive rewards package. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career within Amazon, one of the UK's leading online retailers. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate effectively, with strong verbal and written English skills.
• Demonstrable experience of using analytical & modelling skills
• Bachelors degree or higher in a Finance-related discipline
• Studying or completed CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
• Demonstrable experience working as a Financial Analyst
• Advanced Excel essential, with VBA skills preferred
• Prior knowledge of IBM Cognos/Pax would be beneficial, a willingness to learn is essential PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial
• Finance experience from retail, FMCG or technology companies