Our client is a highly successful blue-chip global investment manager with an excellent company culture and is a place where people go to build a career (they have an excellent track record of staff retention and development). They are now recruiting for a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Manager to join their Compliance function. Candidates must be currently holding (or have held in the past) CF11 and SMF controlled functions status.
- To act as the Senior Manager for Financial Crime, supporting the MLRO as well as acting as Fraud Officer for the firm's 2 UK regulated entities.
- To assist the UK Head of Compliance UK and the business in developing and maintaining an effective and compliant Financial Crime framework for the firm's UK regulated entities.
- Reporting into and supporting the SMF17 - Money laundering reporting function for various regulated entities.
- Acting as the Fraud officer for the UK regulated entities.
- Acting as the Sanctions officer for the UK regulated entities.
- Responsible for the maintenance and ongoing development of a risk based and cost effective financial crime prevention framework within UK based regulated entities. Covering Anti – Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing, Know Your Customer, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Fraud and Sanctions.
- Policy, standards and procedures development and maintenance for financial crime prevention, ensuring compliance with applicable Group financial crime policies and global standards.
- Oversee Sanctions Alerts management, including both inhouse processes and those processes outsourced to third party providers, investigations and escalations.
- Provision of guidance and support all areas of the businessand UK Compliance team including ad-hoc sanctions screening of clients and authorised signtories (Employees and Suppliers) and review of KYC documentation.
- Ensure robust due diligence processes and ongoing reviews of AML/KYC, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Fraud related functions are undertaken.
- Provide guidance to the Third Party Relationship Management Team on third party referrals and suspicious activity.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training to the business, including Senior Managers via both face to face and e-learning solutions.
- Develop and execute the annual financial crime risk assessment framework and ensure appropriate reporting to Senior Management and the Board.
- Develop and manage a regular monitoring and testing programme with appropriate reporting to Group, Senior Management, and the Board as required.
- Responsible for adequate oversight of outsourced third party relationships incorporating financial crime functions, including an annual service review. Attend governance meetings and ad-hoc workshops, including the Financial Crime Advisory Group and Financial Crime Prevention Forum.
- Responsible for submission and co-ordination of any disclosures to law enforcement agencies.
- Establish and maintain liaison with local, regional and international financial industry representatives to proactively identify current financial crime trends, criminal activity and the identification of organised criminal groups and influence security best practices.
- Liaison with national and international law enforcement entities and liaison with local financial industry representatives to proactively identify financial crime trends/criminal activity and organised criminal attacks
- Work closely with Information Security in relation to Fraud related incidents.
- Board and Committee Reporting in relation to Financial Crime;
- Provision of an Annual and ad-hoc MLRO report to the boards of the 2 UK entities;
- Annual Group Reporting including the provision of risk assessments;
- AML Questionnaires including Wolfsberg attestations;
- External auditor fund fraud / sanctions reporting; and
- Monthly Group Fraud reporting.
Role and Profile Requirements:
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- Asset Management or similar relevant financial services experience
- UK asset management financial crime experience. Previously acted as CF11/SMF17 within an Asset Management firm.
- Strong understanding and practical application of financial crime laws, regulations and guidance for the UK and international jurisdictions, in particular for Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrrorist Financing and Sanctions, including but not limted to:
- EU 4th and 5th Money Laundering Directives
- UK Money Laundering Regulations 2017/2019
- FCA – Financial Crime Guide
- FCA Rule Book
- Bribery Act 2010
- Terrorism Acts 2000 & 2006
- Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) Guidance
- Proven track record in identifing and implementing ongoing ehancements to FCC control frameworks.