Senior Fixed Income Performance Analyst (LDI Strategies)
- GBP60000 - GBP75000 per annum + attractive benefits & bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Senior member of a very technically astute LDI focused Performance Measurement team. Culture that promotes both personal and professional development. Career defining role for an ambitious Performance Analyst looking to be challenged.
- This is a really exciting and broad role working as a senior team member within a very technically astute and high calibre LDI focused performance team
- The Head of Performance will focus on both your personal and professional development and encourages his team to build really strong and effective working relationships with investment, sales, quant and other related departments within this market leading asset manager, thereby, further developing your all round knowledge base and future career advancement opportunities
- This is very much a proactive role that will suit a results orientated person with a logical mind. Key involvement in system and process enhancing related projects will be part of the role offering further development opportunities
- Specific duties include (and are not limited to):
- To provide 'value-added' performance & risk solutions to complement and enhance the existing services of the team and the standard services supplied by our outsourced performance provider.
- To work within a team of experienced performance measurement professionals with an emphasis on building on the team's relationship with Insight stakeholders and our outsourced performance provider.
- Production, technical analysis and communication of daily summary performance and risk numbers
- Provide detailed explanations to fund managers on performance and risk numbers
- Ensure that queries are investigated appropriately and resolved satisfactorily within specified timeframes.
- Foster and maintain successful relationships between the team, its stakeholders and our outsourced providers.
- Building trust and strong relationships with the fund managers and fixed income product specialists is key to the success of this role.
- Identify the firm's performance & risk measurement/analysis requirements and determine appropriate solutions to deliver them.
- Pro-active analysis and monitoring of performance & risk results to identify issues and sources of success.
- Oversight and direction of systems used in the generation or dissemination of daily performance & risk information, but with particular concentration for absolute return strategy funds.
- You will have a strong record of academic achievement, with a numerate / finance related degree from a well-respected University
- Possess a logical mind with the ability and desire to learn and pick things up quickly
- A passion for financial services, with a thirst for knowledge around alternative investment strategies. CFA / CAIA qualification relevant and beneficial
- It is important that you have significant experience of Fixed Income performance analytics / attribution from either the buy-side, or, a platform vendor such as Barclays POINT etc., where you can demonstrate technical fixed income risk and performance knowledge and experience
- Understanding of a wide range of instrument types would be advantageous, especially derivative instruments such as CDS and IRS
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the questioning and challenging of processes and methodologies.
- Strong client relationship management/development skills
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Operates with professionalism, honesty and integrity at all times
- Advanced excel spreadsheet skills and data manipulation experience required with some experience of Access databases desirable
- Award winning Global Asset Manager with a reputation for being an innovator with regard to development of complex investment strategies / client solutions
- A culture that really promotes both personal and professional development