Senior Software Engineer
Location: London, England
About the Role:
The T Rowe Price Fixed Income Front Office technology team is looking for an experienced software engineer to help build a suite of next-generation, cloud native applications. In this role, you will engineer and develop new capabilities using modern cloud technologies for use by our Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Analysts.
This is a hands-on, full-stack role, providing opportunities to solve complex business and technical problems. You will be a key contributor throughout the entire product lifecycle, capable of working individually, or in collaboration with others.
You will work with smart, talented people across our business. We will expect you to be agile, show leadership and think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has impact, gives opportunities for you to learn and grow, and to do so in a collaborative, supportive environment.
- Takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
- Client-focused approach – delivering working code often
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with portfolio managers, quantitative researchers, traders, senior business stakeholders, and other technologists
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous delivery, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem-solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top-end engineering approach
- Desire to lead technically, coaching less-experienced members in best practices
- Proficient with a range of frameworks and development tools: React, Spring, Node.js, NumPy
- Experience building a modern cloud stack, including containerization and serverless architectures
- Test-first mentality using appropriate tools and techniques: TDD, BDD, Cucumber, Cyprus
- Knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RedShift
Strong preference for:
- A solid understanding of financial instruments (securities, derivatives), capital markets, specifically relating to Fixed Income and Asset Management.
- Experience of web-based development and visualisation technology for portraying large and complex data sets and relationships
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, asset pricing theory, optimisation algorithms.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.