Twenty Group are partnered with a Venture Capital business that are seeking a Senior Fund Accountant for their global fund accounting team.
- Perform the accounting and fund administration for the venture capital funds investing in Europe, India and investments made into third party funds
- Support the accounting for the group including shareholder transactions
- Production of management information on the group’s proprietary investment portfolio, including performance reporting and board reporting.
- Assist with other group controlling activities and ad-hoc projects as required
- Review of quarterly investment valuations performed by the underlying investment teams and apply our internal valuation methodology for management reporting
- Review of quarterly investor reports, General Partner board reporting, and annual fund financial statements
- Review of Limited Partnership Agreements to understand accounting and reporting implications.
- Review and preparation of carried interest calculations.
- Review of distribution and call notices and associated calculations
- Working closely with venture capital teams, third party fund administrators, Corporate Treasury, legal and tax departments to ensure appropriate investment transaction processing and cash management.
- Review, interpretation and implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards, including preparation of written reports to analyze and document the accounting treatment for various investments under US GAAP
- Assisting the group audit and local fund audits, liaising with and providing assistance to external auditors.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of controls, systems and processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting and management reporting.
- Preparation of regular reports for senior management and the Board
- Prior fund accounting experience within alternative investments is essential (3+ years)
- Experience with complex partnership structures within US GAAP
- Strong communicator with experience of investment performance calculations
Reach out to Tom Baker at Twenty Group for more information