I’m partnered with a London headquartered Private Equity business that have had fantastic success building up their AUM and have seen expansion across multiple global locations alongside diversifying with use of alternative investment products. Plans and ambition to continue this growth persist and it’s an incredibly exciting time to be in an organisation with such appetite to move forward in their market. There is a significant programme of work underway company wide to ensure they are ready for the next phase of their impressive growth journey.
Due to anticipated growth, they are looking for a senior fund controller to support their PE business. You will be taking ownership of their quarterly valuations process and investor queries.
Leading the valuations process
- Reviewing each valuation in detail and provide critical review/comments back to the investment team
- Produce all materials for the valuation committee – analysing the numbers and fund metrics
Partnering with Investor Relations
- Taking ownership of all track record data – deal and fund level metrics.
- Providing input to investor due diligence requests and other IR queries
- Due diligence requests
- Fund raising requests
The skill profile required of the individuals who could step into these positions will have a blend of skills including:
- Valuations / fund accounting – individuals must have significant fund valuations experience and a technical understanding of fund accounting
- Relationship Management – this role will interact with global teams, senior stakeholders and external partners.
- Numeracy / Modelling – The incumbent must hold a high level of analytical skill and financial numeracy
- Vision / Innovation – the requirement for innovative thinking, challenging of status quo, pro action, planning and preparing for a more complex working environment.
- conscious approach to innovating and driving continued improvement to any process. This will naturally require a degree of technical competence and willingness to pursue technical solutions to business problems
- Individuals must be qualified accountants and have prior experience operating in a senior fund finance position in industry, ideally with exposure to PE funds.
The opportunity will suit an individual with at least 5 years PQE experience working within PE funds finance. It’s essential they have PE valuations experience. Due to the seniority of this role, you may be required to lead on automation projects and system enhancements.