Senior Fund Controller - Global Infrastructure
- GBP90000 - GBP100000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cameron Kennedy
- 10 Oct 17 2017-10-10
They are a top global infrastructure manager with offices globally strategically positioned to take advantage of regional and local opportunities. They are part of a global investment management group who manage over £75 billion. Due to the expansion of the European Infrastructure business the need has arisen to expand the finance capability in London.This is a new role to reflect this expansion and this position will lead the London function after a short period of time.
Senior Fund Controller - Global Infrastructure
£90,000 - £110,000 + Generous Bonus + Benefits
They are a top global infrastructure manager with offices globally strategically positioned to take advantage of regional and local opportunities. They are part of a global investment management group who manage over £75 billion. Due to the expansion of the European Infrastructure business the need has arisen to expand the finance capability in London. This is a new role to reflect this expansion and this position will lead the London function after a short period of time.
Reporting to the Global Infrastructure Head of Finance and working closely with European & US Infrastructure Teams, Fund Advice Team, Tax team, Debt Advisory Team and external service providers, the purpose of the role is to:
- Manage effectively all general ledger activities reporting and compliance processes for investments and entities managed by the Global Infrastructure Funds (GIF);
- Own the management and statutory accounting and general financial control function of the GIF assets;
- Partner with the Fund Controller, administrators and the GIF Investment team to provide strategic and technical financial support to the growth of GIF;
- Lead and develop an effective team which consistently delivers to the Investment Finance objectives as well as the GIF Investment team objectives;
- Being part of a high performing team which consistently delivers against both the Investment Finance (IF) objectives as well as the wider Group corporate objectives.
- Lead the planning for future growth and development in the European Infrastructure Equity finance function
- Take initiative in the continuous development and improvement of finance processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of processes, operational risks and key stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Manage Finance team - manage workload across team members, determine priorities, review work and manage instances of high work demands.
- Actively manage the relationship and commercial value / service delivery from outsourced providers and to clients;
- Support the team in generating creative, workable solutions to address complex business problems.
- Demonstrate change through an ability to innovate, automate and eliminate processes and reports currently undertaken.
- Lead a 'centre of excellence' of closed end fund accounting issues, implementing and maintaining a standard approach for general ledger maintenance and report production for all Infrastructure vehicles
- Ensure financial control, management reporting, statutory reporting and compliance reporting is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Present financial management information to fund managers.
- Act as principle contact for Auditors for GIF fund and Group corporate entities (where relevant)
- Review and report on Fund unit pricing, performance and benchmark against relevant index.
- Manage fund liquidity requirements including cashflow forecasts, asset management fees, expense reimbursement and capital expenditure.
- Manage processing of client transactions on a timely and accurate basis.
- Product specialist for the closed end funds industry, with an emphasis on sharing knowledge, including AIFMD and other relative legislation.
- Support Head of Infrastructure Equity Finance to establish and foster a culture of team spirit, co-operation and continuous self development. Maintain a collaborative, business-focused, high-performance culture within Finance.
- Set and actively manage team and individual performance management agreements and targets. Ensure all staff have performance and career development discussions and plans.
THE SUCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate CA/CPA /ACCA Qualified Accountant - 10+ years experience with 5+ in asset management.
- International Accounting Standards reporting experience.
- Broad knowledge of Fund accounting with focus on Closed end fund reporting including compliance and reporting requirements.
- Direct experience in management and execution of Infrastructure/Private Equity fund accounting services within an investment management or administration organisation.
- Experience of working across business teams to influence change and drive implementation of business improvements.
- Knowledge of Luxembourg corporate structures/Luxembourg GAAP an advantage (not essential).
- Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- A process improvement mind-set - ability to critique and improve Finance processes to optimise efficiency and control environment.
- Data analysis, modelling and benchmarking skills.
- Attention to detail & quality focus.
- Confident presentation skills - articulate - ability to explain complex matters simply.