Senior Fund Controller, Direct Lending, Large Global Institutional Investor, London, UK
11130 About our client
Our client provides investment solutions and expertise to a range of clients such as central banks, sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions. They are looking for an experienced Senior Fund Controller to join their team at the early stages of their new direct lending strategy expansion. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Fund Finance within the new arm and will work closely alongside client service teams, reporting into the Director of Direct Lending. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Manage and deliver all aspects of fund finance including NAV validation and reporting, loan administration and financial reporting, managing the day to day relationship and working closely with the external fund administrator.
- Reconcile monthly reports, management and performance fee calculations, and other activity between the business and the administrator's records to ensure accuracy.
- Working closely with the client service teams and external transfer agent to process subscriptions, capital calls, distributions and redemptions.
- Support the front office in review and creation of valuations and post deal administration.
- Oversee and co-ordinate the year-end audit process, review year end and interim financial statements
- Work directly with sales and client service teams, portfolio managers and external administrators and service providers, maintaining an open line of communication, to provide data as requested and to ensure it is accurate and timely.
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Experience as a fund controller for credit or debt fund structures.
- Experience of effecting change and identifying efficiencies on different internal processes.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills and the ability to effectively summarise findings, and clear communication both verbally and in writing to internal audiences and external clients.
- Ability to work effectively to meet multiple tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions across the organisation with a range of related third parties.