Senior Fund and Company Accountant
- £50,000.00 to £60,000.00
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Fair Oaks Capital Ltd.
- 27 Feb 18 2018-02-27
Fair Oaks Capital is a leading independent investment manager specialising in corporate credit, primarily through CLO debt and equity investments. Fair Oaks manages c$2 billion across product offerings including private and listed funds, separately managed accounts and a UCITS fund. We are a rapidly growing organization with offices in London and New York.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Fund and Company Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will benefit from a unique opportunity to build the accounting and finance functions and the implied, significant, professional growth potential.
The candidate will work with our custodians and fund administrators and will oversee the calculation of monthly NAVs, fund distributions and portfolio level activity within our funds, including regular reconciliations. He or she will also liaise with fund administrators and auditors during the interim and year-end audit of the funds and will also be in charge of all management company related financial activity, accounting and recordkeeping, including the production of financial statements and related audit.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee and review NAV reconciliations with fund administrators
- Administer the Firm’s ARM and APA reporting functions
- Monitor cash and position reconciliations
- Monitor trade settlement and resolve trade breaks
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis for investors and portfolio managers
- Monitoring and reporting of the Firm’s capital requirements
- Oversee the creation of fiscal year financial statements liaising with our auditors to complete the year-end audit
- Oversee the audit process for the funds and Management Company
- Oversee the books and records of the management company
- Supervise the accounts payable and receivable processes
- Supervise bank reconciliations
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in finance, accounting or operations at an investment manager or related service provider
- Strong preference for someone who has performed and managed a Fund Accounting function in the context of loan, structure credit or private equity funds
- Degree in Accounting or related field or a suitable professional qualification
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Proactive mindset and the ability to work independently
- Highly organized
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Bloomberg proficiency a plus
- Working knowledge of Sage and QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Working knowledge of modern portfolio management software (Sentry)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
Although the preference is for a full time position, we will consider application from candidates who may require certain flexibility in terms of work hours and/or ability to work partially from outside the office.
We offer a competitive reward package which includes, in addition to your starting salary:
- Bonus – most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company and personal performance
- Payment of preparation, exam and membership fees for professional courses or qualification
- Private medical insurance, including dental insurance
- Season ticket loans
- Childcare vouchers