Senior IT Auditor
At State Street, our people are our most valuable - and valued - resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company's continued success. As a global systemically important bank, with operations in 26 countries and more than 36,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee is engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street's Corporate Audit Division carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of approximately 300 professionals, is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations. About the Role
Corporate Audit is seeking a well-rounded and versatile Senior IT Auditor
based in London, to work on internal audit engagements that assess business risk and related application technology. An ideal candidate will have a proven record of audit execution and hands on experience with application and technology audits. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualification and skills
- Perform audit work as Senior or Lead Auditor on Integrated and Application audit assignments.
- Provide technical leadership regarding assessments of the organization's IT environment, including knowledge of IT control frameworks, key IT processes, relevant technologies, and design of IT audit control assurance tests.
- Support the development of technical subject matter expertise among others in the department.
- Investigate and develop audit solutions for unique and/or complex situations.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on significant weaknesses noted in audit reports.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships within IT and the Business units.
- Proficient IT General Controls testing experience (user administration, business continuity /disaster recovery, system development lifecycle controls)
- Application Controls assessment and testing experience
- Excellent intellectual curiosity, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a matrix management organizational team structure, as both an individual contributor or as a member of a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science preferred
- Must have a relevant audit certification such as CISA/ CIA/Chartered Accountant or be willing to gain one
- Ideally the candidate will have either big 4 or FS IT Audit experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25% annually, mostly in Europe.