About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Independent Testing Specialist... In this role, you will:
- •Be a Risk Manager for the firm; demonstrating good knowledge and understanding of the Risk taxonomies and how IT&V form an integral part of the firms Risk program.
•Execute upon and support all types of testing reviews assigned to them, acting as the lead tester when allocated and help determine the applicable business activities within the scope of the review. The Senior Specialist will assess control design and effectiveness testing in accordance with the relevant Wells Fargo testing methodologies as appropriate;
• Identify and raise gaps, issues and recommendations for control weaknesses identified during review activities and agree associated action plans (e.g. a change to systems, controls, governance structures, policies or procedures) with the relevant management;
• Compile testing reports to formally communicate any issues raised during review activities. These will undergo a rigorous internal review process;
• Ensure that all review steps are documented within the appropriate working papers and electronic records are updated in line with IT&V quality standards;
• Perform issue validation activities to ensure that previously identified issues were completed in line with the agreed action plans and mitigates the regulatory risk to the bank;
• Keep all stakeholders appraised of review progress through regular communications to ensure a 'no-surprise' approach on review outputs and potential issues;
• Build understanding and trust with team members across the bank, including key stakeholders within relevant lines of business and control functions such as Compliance, Audit and Operational Risk;
• Attend relevant International and EMEA conference calls, meetings and committees in order to discuss various Enterprise Testing & Validation and Compliance matters.
• Work collaboratively with Risk colleagues throughout International and EMEA to make recommendations for change to Policies, Projects, Training and or Testing Plans as appropriate.
• Undertaking relevant regulatory and corporate training as required / directed to maintain competence.
• From time to time, provide assistance to other team members within the Testing Team, both regionally and on an international basis where appropriate.
We Value Diversity
- Compliance testing or other related experience gained within an internal audit or other relevant risk function.
• Working knowledge of the UK and/or EMEA regulatory environment and how FCA, PRA and regulatory requirements apply to wholesale banking lines of business.
• Degree educated desirable.
• Interpersonal communication (written and presentation) skills are essential.
• Organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
• Track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines is required
• Flexibility / Initiative - ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
• Analytical with experience in collecting and analyzing information on various subjects.
• PC Skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and other reporting tools.
• Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
• Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.