Our client creates operational resilience for enterprises in demanding environments by looking after their technology estates to optimise performance, enhance efficiency and help prevent outages. They are now recruiting a Senior Inside Sales Executive to be based in London with responsibility for the supervision of two recent graduates.
The business development function is a very important part of the sales team, with the objective of prospecting for new business and filling the pipe with qualified opportunities that the senior sales executives can develop and close.
The role also forms the main point of contact with the marketing department in executing campaigns and handing off leads.
The product lines are IT-technical in nature, although the benefits stretch to the business lines as well. The direct sales force is primarily targeting the capital markets space and specifically the tier one and tier 2 banks; exchanges; asset managers and hedge funds. Increasingly however, their footprint is spreading into the commercial and retail parts of the banks as well.
Sales cycles can extend for many months and involve multiple players on both sides of the deal.
The product range is diverse, established and highly successful. Including both Applications Performance Monitoring tools as well as newer solutions that deliver analytics capabilities from capacity planning through to trade flow and order analytics. Product lines offer out-of-the-box functionality but also, the capability to build out highly customised functionality by leveraging their underlying platforms.
Given the above background, successful Inside Sales professionals will possess the following skills:
- One to three years of prospecting sales opportunities for complex software into the capital markets of broader financial services space, preferably specialising in technology that operates in the front office, with a trading or ‘real-time’ bias.
A strong background in outbound sales activity in a related market (possibly Fintech events or Fintech media) where the person is looking to leverage tenacious, lead generating skills in a new market (ours) thus developing their career.
- A working understanding of the capital markets, in terms of buy-side, sell-side, execution venues, etc. along with an understanding of how IT and ‘the business’ interact with each other in the large financial institutions.
- Tenacious and creative lead generating skills from ‘cold calling’ to intelligent use of Linked-In, Internet, etc. to identify and chase likely leads. A resilient character who understands the ‘numbers game’ behind sales and who wants to progress into a more senior role.
- Someone who is comfortable working with marketing to develop and execute sales campaigns as well as someone who can work as an embedded member of a diverse senior sales team.
- A working knowledge of the application infrastructures and associated data flows that drive the front offices of the major banks. OMSs, market data feeds, electronic trading platforms; risk systems etc.
- Comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment where like-minded, bright people collaborate to win deals and grow the business.
- Strong, self-starting, driven attitude towards business growth. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Also, capable of communication at the right level with both technical and business leaders on the prospect side of the fence.
- Ideally the successful candidate will speak both English and Swedish as due to a recent acquisition we looking for this person to cover Scandinavia and the Nordics.
- This role will evolve into a Senior Sales position and could in the future be based in Stockholm.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Haydn Reynolds on 020 3371 6851 or send your CV to him at firstname.lastname@example.org