Our client is a global wholesale bank who have been well-managed/run over the last 15 years, achieving steady growth while offering a stable environment for its employees. The audit function is now recruiting for a senior internal auditor to cover both IT and Business audits. This role will also be able to provide excellent work-life balance while offering a nice team and positive working environment. Lastly, the bank is based in the City (although the company and its employees are working remotely/from home).
The Internal Audit Department provides independent and valued assurance to the various stakeholders across the Bank. The individual will work to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and sustainability of controls mitigating key risks and in doing so, enhance the controls culture. The position will cover both IT/technology and Business audits and focus on key business processes and activity.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of the Bank’s control environment by taking part in audit assignments across the Bank in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. Much of our audit work is integrated (IT and Business) and knowledge of both is desirable.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and help develop recommendations and actions to strengthen controls and improve the quality of operations.
- Assist the Internal Audit Department in conducting risk assessments and contributing to the annual audit plan.
- On an assignment basis, produce an audit programme for agreement with the Head of Internal Audit and then execute the programme in accordance with procedures, communicating audit issues and findings to the auditee.
- Developing recommendations and agreeing actions to address the control weaknesses identified. Complete or contribute to the completion of the audit report.
- Utilise and develop existing areas of specialism. Develop new areas as opportunities arise.
- Assist with the periodic follow up of audit actions.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit Department in carrying out any other relevant work.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Internal audit experience from the banking and financial services sector
- Knowledge of IT risk and control framework, IT governance, data and network security, IT operational processes, GDPR compliance, and information and cyber security frameworks such as ISO 27001 and NIST
- UK work experience
- Holding or studying towards relevant professional qualifications e.g. IIA, CISA, will be an advantage.
- A process orientated mind, an analytical ability and clear communicator - written and oral.
- A person who will listen, understand, is proactive, and embraces innovation and new ideas.
- A collaborative worker who enjoys teamwork and will embrace diversity, learning and knowledge sharing.
- Take responsibility and ownership for delivering results through personal initiative and commitment.
- Is committed to the delivery of excellent customer service and building new and lasting customer relationships.