Senior Investment Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- EQ Investors
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
Senior Investment Analyst position working alongside senior members of the wider investment team. Duties include; conducting top-down portfolio strategy research, third party fund research, monitoring portfolio risk characteristics, development of the investment risk management process.
The Senior Investment Analyst will work alongside senior members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct top-down portfolio strategy research and third party fund research. The analyst will be a key member of the team and will be expected to act quickly with a high degree of autonomy; conducting independent research to determine asset allocation views, potential new trade and fund ideas. The analyst will also work closely with the Portfolio Managers to monitor portfolio risk characteristics and further develop the risk management process.
- Macro research
- Reading, interpreting and applying industry and academic papers to the asset allocation process
- Data collection, analysis and interpretation of both macroeconomic and capital markets data
- Idea generation – conducting ad hoc fundamental or macroeconomic research on areas of interest such as specific sectors, countries, asset classes or themes including modelling and analysis of potential new trades
- Presenting at each quarterly Asset Allocation committee meeting. Writing proposals to present investment ideas to members
- Developing the asset allocation process: Generating, quantifying / backtesting and implementing asset allocation methodologies e.g. valuation and momentum indicators
- Market commentary: including internal, client and press communications
Portfolio construction / Risk Management
- Regular monitoring of macroeconomic indicators & portfolio risk characteristics,
- Engaging with portfolio managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential changes needed.
- Monitoring key asset allocation calls
- Risk Management: Further developing risk management process
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research on funds including both desk research and fund manager meetings.
- Writing due diligence reports and presenting the conclusions to the Fund Selection Committee.
- Regularly reviewing the performance of funds & formally updating recommendations, inc. conducting update meetings with fund managers
- Writing, presentation skills
- Strong team player
- Challenging convention
- Working to tight deadlines
- Good initiative / project management. Happy to drive your own workload.
- Experience with the following: R / Python / Matlab / NumPy (Optional), Bloomberg, Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Microsoft Office.
The Investment Analyst may be required to carry out other duties from time to time as necessary. The role is a strategic hire for the firm and represents a fantastic opportunity to become involved in the growth of the business from the early stages.