Senior Investment Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- EQ Investors
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Senior Investment Analyst position. Duties include; conducting third party fund research across a range of investment strategies, independent research to determine potential new trade & fund ideas and participation in Asset Allocation discussions.
The Senior Investment Analyst will work alongside senior members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct third party fund research across a variety of investment strategies, focusing on Absolute Return and Fixed Income mandates. The individual is also expected to participate in Asset Allocation discussions. The analyst will be a key member of the team and will be expected to act quickly with a high degree of autonomy; conducting independent research to determine potential new trade and fund ideas.
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research on funds including both desk research and fund manager meetings.
- Writing due diligence reports and presenting the conclusions to the Fund Selection Committee.
- Regularly reviewing the performance of funds & formally updating recommendations, inc. conducting update meetings with fund managers
- Engaging with portfolio managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.
- Writing, presentation skills
- Strong team player
- Challenging convention
- Working to tight deadlines
- Good initiative / project management. Happy to drive your own workload
- Required experience with the following: Bloomberg, Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Microsoft Office
- Optional experience with: R / Python / Matlab / NumPy
The Investment Analyst may be required to carry out other duties from time to time as necessary. The role is a strategic hire for the firm and represents a fantastic opportunity to become involved in the growth of the business from the early stages.