Senior Investment Application Support Analyst
- Exciting Opportunity with Australia's largest pension fund based in London
- New role with a company expanding its Global footprint
- Opportunity to support all activities within the Investments Technology Operations & Services team
AustralianSuper is Australia's leading pension fund with more than AU$165 billion of funds under management, and we're growing quickly. Key to our continued success has been our global investment strategy, which has seen us expand our internalised investment operations into new geographies, while continuing to develop our portfolio into new asset classes and markets. Here's where you come in...
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking a Senior Investment Application Support Analyst, who will be responsible for supporting all activities within the Investments Technology Operations and Services team, that enhance, maintain and support the existing platforms within the Investments department globally. This role represents an outstanding opportunity to provide global support and to be part of our growth journey, as we expand our current global footprint in London and will also be opening additional offices in Asia and the US.
In this role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Accountability for the co-ordinating of incidents and requests to third party vendors (where appropriate), working on root cause analysis of problems, planning and reviewing the corresponding change requests.
- Provide an additional level of support and escalation for the Investment department on incidents and problems with the Funds share technology services.
- Operate as part of a Global Team - this will require an increased focus on 24 x 6 support capability and will require the business and technology Support Specialist to operate within a follow the sun model as well as assist with after-hours on-call support.
- Change Management - including co-ordinating handover of Investment Application support and operations activities; and representing Investments at change and problem meetings; as well as other forums chaired by the Funds Shared Technology Service Function.
- Business Integration and Support.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other team members.
- Advanced technical knowledge, understanding and ability to troubleshoot, support, maintain and enhance business applications used in financial services:
- Portfolio and Order Management Systems e.g.: Eze OMS, Blackrock Aladdin, Charles River, Bloomberg AIM
- Execution Management Systems e.g. Bloomberg (EMSX, TSOX, SEF), FXall, FX Connect, Yeildbroker
- Data Management / Data warehouses e.g. DST Anova, CADI
- Financial Market Data Systems e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset
- FIX Networks, BT Radianz, NYSE Marketplace
- Excel data modelling and VBA
- Advanced technical knowledge, understanding and ability to troubleshoot user-facing aspects of:
- Windows desktop environment and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL processes including Incident, Service Request, Problem and Change Management
- Broad/ deep Investment & Investment Technology experience from within the Financial Service sector and more specifically Investment Management
- Advanced experience in technical support and troubleshooting (in particular technologies and applications listed above);
- Experience using service desk tools for managing incidents, service requests, knowledgebase, etc;
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry, ideally in Banking or Superannuation.
- Experience of Financial Services.
- Experience of project (or project like) co-ordination activities
In addition, you will have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with strong written and verbal communication skills. You will also be collaborative and a team player, with the ability to engage with both non-technical and technical users.
You will have the following qualifications:
- ITIL Foundation
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology, or equivalent
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate. Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.