Our Client, a highly regarded Investment firm, is looking to make a key addition to their Performance Analytics Team. Covering a wide range of asset classes and investment strategies, the role will be primarily responsible for providing analytical support to maintain and accelerate performance analytics capability. The role would suit an individual who is keen to actively be part of the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the performance analytics and brings strong quantitative, qualitative, systems and project capability.
- Actively assist in the development, implementation, ongoing monitoring and improvement of the Performance Analytics capability and strategy.
- The role will initially focus on a review of the performance reporting production cycle from data source and data validation to report production and make recommendations on improvements.
- This includes regulatory reporting, internal committee reporting and client reporting
- Updating performance benchmarks (asset class mandate) for custodian banks
- Assist the Head of Investment Performance Analytics in identifying and proposing appropriate recommendations concerning strategic reporting capabilities and deliverables including best utilisation and incorporation of benchmark comparisons, Fund analysis, analysis of custodian numbers etc.
- Accountable for ongoing maintenance and development of existing portfolio monitors and reports for third party consumption, contributing to the quarterly and annual Portfolio reporting process and other reports as required and/or directed by the Head of Investment Performance Analytics
- Proactively support the Investment Performance Analytics team as required. Particularly in driving and co-ordinating project work
Background & Experience
- Ideally five years + experience working as a performance analyst; gained within a relevant organisation (asset owner, asset manager or investment consultant)
- Degree level educated ideally within a Business, Finance, Science, Maths or Engineering discipline.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical knowledge and skills combined with an intellectual curiosity with regards investment and sources of return
- Advanced Excel skills
- Programming knowledge and skills desirable although not essential. Willingness to learn and use the programming language ‘R’ is essential
- Ability to apply numerical, analytical and report writing skills, including a working knowledge of MS office tools, through research and report writing to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence and build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to build professional network and seek business opportunities within respective asset classes
- A proactive, self-motivated, strong team player who has the ability to manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted