To take responsibility of risk reporting from different investment desks including equities and fixed income. In order that the reporting is a success the role will necessarily involve a substantive amount of engagement with front office teams.
- Enhance analysis and insight on internal portfolios to support USSIM investment governance framework
- Improve consistency between risk reporting for in-house versus external managers
- Analysis and monitoring to support the management of mandate level investment guidelines
- Quality control of reports
- Design, implement, and subsequently maintain enhanced mandate level risk reporting.
- Building and maintaining robust processes to ensure analysis is timely and accurate.
- Proactively drive development of analytics and bring rest of team on-board with plans
- Participate in meeting and discussions with Investment Programme Management, desk heads and the wider organisation to better understand requirements and to build trust
Managing Processes & Future Focus
- Keep abreast of industry developments
- Numerical degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics preferred
- Long experience in investment risk modelling
- Excellent understanding of asset classes, instruments and risk management techniques
- Good understanding of active management strategies
- Good understanding of investment risk analysis and attribution across multiple asset classes
- Comfortable working with and manipulating time series data and conducting statistical analyses
- Understanding of financial markets and instruments gained through courses or experience
- High degree of computer literacy, ability to programme in SQL, Excel VBA, Python, or MatLab
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.