Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
Nomura are currently looking for Java Developers on a permanent basis to join the bank in a number of different business areas.
Nomura are currently looking for Java Developers on a permanent basis to join the bank in a number of different business areas. It's an exciting time to join us - our collaborative approach and cutting-edge tech means we able to nurture a stimulating and rewarding culture for all.
You are an enthusiastic, trusted and self-motivated Java Developer with enthusiasm for technology and a good understanding of Trade Lifecycle, Dealer and Client trades. You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders across the bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organising team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You have some familiarity of the Fixed Income business and understand the technical demands of message focussed systems.
What skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge do I need?
Whilst attitude is most important, there are naturally some essential skills we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic about new techniques, quality and technology in general.
- Master of core Java and common supporting libraries with ability to apply them immediately to problems
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented development and Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix servers
- Database and middleware experience: JMS, Tibco EMS, Tibco RV, Sybase ASE
- Systems and Java debugging and performance tuning.
- Auxiliary development tools: SVN, Git, Maven, debuggers etc.
- A collaborative approach
- Ability and desire to work in a trusted, empathetic and inclusive team
- Fixed income protocols: Bloomberg, FIX, ION, many bespoke APIs.
- Software technology: Spring, Apache Camel, ElasticSearch, Scala, Python
- Test technology: Mockito, Robot
- Knowledge of Fixed Income asset classes.
- Interest Rate or Credit derivatives including Markitwire lifecycle.
- Agile practices: Scrum, Kanban
Successful Candidates will not be employed by nor have any employment relationship with Nomura.Nomura is a place where everyone can thrive and bring their whole selves to work.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.
Successful candidates will be engaged under a contract for services by Resource Solutions.