Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
GFT specialises in designing and implementing IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. Combining technological expertise and seamless project management with a deep understanding of the industry, GFT is the perfect strategic partner for many well-known companies in all corners of the globe.
Senior Java Developer required to join a high performing team who have and continue to provide outstanding services to a Tier 1 Investment Bank.
The team are responsible for the continuous development of a low latency trading platform covering numerous global markets, including warrants, listed options and ETF market making and algorithmic trading.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to solve challenging problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of delivery efficiency gains for both GFT and our Tier 1 Investment Banking client.
Your principle activities will include:
- Collaborate with analysts, users and testers to define and document acceptance criteria
- Work with other team members and architects to create high quality technical designs
- Use Test Driven Development to produce high quality results
- Works with users, analysts, SMEs during post-sprint User Acceptance Testing
- Assists central service teams during deployment and release activities
What we require from you:
- Java 8/ Oracle / Linux / Ant / Teamcity / Scripting / Test Driven Methods & Agile Process / OO Design & principles
- Extensive hands-on development experience – exposure to functional programming is a plus
- Understanding of TDD, ATDD/BDD and Continuous Integration
- Familiarity with this business domain, and real time trading
Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
The GFT Group is represented in thirteen countries – and our customers are based in over 31 different countries. With a global team spanning 4,500 employees at our disposal, we’re ready to act whenever and wherever our customers need us. Our interlinked development teams are able to tackle complex projects and respond to individual needs – rapidly, economically and to the utmost standards.