Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Emagine Consulting
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
emagine Consulting is looking for a Senior Java Developer with a strong understanding of FX as an asset class.
Senior FX Java Developer
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Developer with hands on experience of Java 8 and FX knowledge (rates, options, forwards, swaps) as part of an ongoing project with emagine Consulting.
This project sits within the Global FX Technology team which provides solutions to the business within the bank to enable the Firm to offer FX services both internally and externally.
These are critical Firm-wide processes responsible for millions of dollars of funding and collateral; there are major investments in this area driven by regulatory change which requires investment banks to become more efficient in these activities in order to achieve good profit margins. This project offers the opportunity to work with a team of agile practitioners and latest technology stack
- Hands on experience of Java 8
- Strong knowledge of Java primarily within server-side development
- Experience and knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Spring/Spring Boot
- Tibco rv
- Understanding of multi-threaded Java programming
- Use of design patterns
- Relational databases such as Oracle (SQL)
- Full trading lifecycle
- FX business knowledge - rates, options, forwards, swaps
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams
- Behaviour Driven development experience such as cucumber or Jbehave
- Agile development practice
emagine is always looking to expand our bench and associate network for future projects. If you are not currently available for new projects please feel free to update us with your most recent profile and next availability and we will keep you informed of suitable projects when you are seeking your next challenge.