Senior Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Empiric , EA Licence No: 11C5671
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Core Java, RESTful Services MSCI Java, Spring, Trading Systems, Front Office, electronic trading, e-trading,
An excellent opportunity has come along for a highly skilled Senior Java developer for an Investment Trading company based in London with offices globally with the opportunity to work with development teams based in London. t. The is going to be working on building out a new trading platform that is focusing on Environmental, Social and Governance investments as more and more investors are looking to put their money in to products that benefit the 3 factors above (ESG).
Key Skills and experience
- Contribute to design sessions, client discussions and product innovation
- Design and implement code applying SOLID principles and BDD/TDD
- Work with the ESG IT and Core IT teams to design and build software written using Java, Spring, Camel, JAX RS, Apache Ignite
- Design and implement data stores in Oracle, Mongo and Hadoop
- Maintain and release your code using our Subversion and GitHub infrastructure.
- Maintain enhancement and bug reports using Jira.
- 3-5+ years’ experience coding and supporting complex software systems using core Java
- Design and development of RESTful Services
- Oracle 11/12 (or other RDBMS), MongoDB a plus
- Desirable skills: Angular 4, MongoDB, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, Spark, Python
- Investment, financial or ESG experience a plus
- Statistics and numerical analysis a plus
- Energetic, analytical, detail oriented, self-starter, hard worker
- Emotionally mature, able to thrive in a fast paced, often changing environment