Be a Part of Our Success
Senior Java Developer - Banking Operations ITWhat is the opportunity?
The Ops IT team is responsible for development and support of Credit Derivative Back office process and regulatory requirements across various derivative asset classes.
If you have a strong core Java, concurrency and distributed system development background and have passion to work in an agile development environment, and want to apply technical skills and build solutions that meet dynamic requirements while gaining extensive exposure to derivative trades and contribute to IT strategy, this is a great opportunity to join our team and realize them.
This role will come with opportunity to make significant contributions while developing professional expertise in a dynamic, agile and tech focused team environment.
What will you do?
- Design and develop solutions that meet business and non-functional requirements, while ensuring compliance with overall application and technology architecture policies and target state standards.
- Complete unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystem and produce code that is secure, stable and operational before handover to Run the Bank team.
- Set technical direction for all development, maintenance and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural direction
- Work with various teams across IT to manage all aspects of implementation planning & coordination of releases.
- Perform second line production support, Participant in planning/testing DR/BCP tests.
What do you need to succeed?
- Java 8, Hibernate, Spring, High Throughput Multithreading/Currency, JMS/Solace, XML, JSON, Sybase (or similar RDBMS), REST/SOAP, good knowledge of building software for Linux.
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Quickly function as in-house consultant/expert for resolution of complex technical issues.
- Professional experience on large projects/programs with multiple applications with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties
- Business Knowledge (advantage but not essential) on Derivative Trade, Trade reporting and FpML
- Talent Management process (recruitment/selection, performance management, performance development/coaching, reward/ recognition)
- Working and managing offshore vendor team.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Sets technical direction for all development, maintenance and architecture initiatives ensuring adherence to overall IT architectural direction
- Drives implementation, contributes and participates in RBC architecture policy and process discussions
- Working on Medium to Large sized solutions across multiple asset classes that have multiple interface and/or 3 rd party applications.
- Opportunity to impact Globally for Derivative Trades Operations and Operational Data Store
- Work directly with stakeholders and Users to ensure a fit to purpose and reactive solutions to their business requirements.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 2017-06-09
Req ID: 137685
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]