Senior Java Developer - eFX
- £750 - £800 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Cloudstream Global
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Senior Java Developer required to work for a top tier investment bank within their FX eTrading team based in Canary Wharf. 6 months rolling contracts.
Senior Java Developer - eFX - Contract
- 6 months rolling contract
- £750 - £800 per day
This is a senior developer role in our clients low-latency FX eTrading technology team in London. The eTrading team is responsible for price generation and distribution systems which supply FX prices over FIX API and via their Dealer Platform. Our clients FX function are investing in a significant re-architecting of the pricing and distribution systems
As a Senior Java Developer you will work with other highly skilled technologists and quants on revenue generating projects as the heart of the banks FX’s market leading electronic FX business. The eTrading business is absolutely technology driven; this is a rare opportunity in which depth of ‘geek’ knowledge of performance optimization, networking, Linux are highly valued by the business.
The team in London has a very close relationship with the Trading and Quants teams. The business and technology teams are based in London.
- Java development of FX eTrading pricing and distribution systems
- Engineering high reliability fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Partnering with Trading and Quants to design and deliver best in class solutions
- Partnering with other IT teams whose systems interface to FX eTrading
- Continuous improvement and research of new technologies, tools and techniques
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent degree in Computing Science or a mathematical / scientific subject from a top tier University.
- Java Development
- Expert level Java development skills
- low-level knowledge of the JVM
- Performance tuning including methods of reducing GC
- Multithreading constructs and lock-free design in Java
- Other Technology
- Detailed knowledge of Linux OS and tools
- Enterprise architecture: x86 servers , network devices, protocols and configuration
- Enterprise messaging such as RV, Aeron, Solace, 29 West etc.
- Experience in unmanaged languages, C/C++ on Linux
- An broader interest in other programming languages
- Continuous integration process and tools
- Automated testing techniques
- Business Knowledge:
- FIX protocol, trading venues, electronic order management
- No specific knowledge of the FX market is required but basic financial product knowledge of cash products would be beneficial
- Trading regulatory and control environment