Talan is recruiting for one of the leading international banking group a Senior Java Developer (Java, C++, Multithreading): Based in the Headquarted in London, you will be working the eRate IT team who is developing a global electronic trading platform for fixed income interest rates products. The platform itself is an ecosystem of distinct covering a wide range of functionality from pricing, quotation, auto-negotiation and execution to market aggregation, smart order routing and auto-hedging. Various trading workflows are supported, including, for example, vendor UIs and “chat bots”.
As Senior Java Developer (Java, C++, Multithreading), you will be responsible for:
- Delivering any assigned task to production (non-functional and functional requirements), ensuring deliveries meet adequate levels of testability, at unit, component and integration levels, Liaising directly with business users over requirement gathering,
- Focusing on the platform’s non-functional behaviour (performance, scalability, security, etc.)
- Promoting knowledge sharing within team members,
- Ensuring great communcation with other teams inside and outside eRates IT where appropriate (UK/USA dev teams, Production support teams, etc), Documenting new functionalities and providing & support training users/support teams,
- Leading by example: ensuring that own behaviour as developer exhibits the team’s values of dedication, commitment and transparency.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- University degree in any quantitative discipline (math, computer science, engineering)
- Technical Skills Proven significant experience in multi-threaded Java Development with high frequency, low latency programming environments,
- Nice-to-have (non-mandatory): C/C++ and JNI experience, Unit Testing, BDD, TDD,
- Knowledge of ION Marketview and its programming environment will be a plus.
This is a longterm project so we are open to strong Java Developers with no banking/finance experience and who are keen on discovering this challenging sector.
If you want to know more about this position, do not hesitate to apply with your detailed/updated CV.