Senior Java Software Engineer - Global Research Technology - Asset Management
As amember of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for peoplewho are passionate around solving business problems through innovation &engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledgeand expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well aspartner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stayfocused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantlystrive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting,thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought andcreative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
JPMorgan Asset Management Technology is seeking a well-rounded hands-on Quant Developer that is experienced in building systems that support full Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on Equities products-from portfolio research and construction. The candidate will be part of the front-office technology team working with Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts. Should have good business knowledge and communication skills to work with the stakeholders and develop functional specification. Should be a full stack developer with front-end and back-end experience. Successful Candidate:
- Will be part of the high-caliber development team that works closely with the Front Office users on end-to-end solutions
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
- Has to demonstrate interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users. Should have good financial background preferred, CFA, FRM, MBA in Finance and/or Financial Engineering degree and/or risk management knowledge is a major plus
- Should be able to work individually or as part of a global team to achieve project goals
- Will interact closely with the Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts.
- Will be responsible for full lifecycle: Coding, Compiling, Unit testing, integration, packaging and deployment of application software and support of the application.
- Ensure overall quality of deliverables is consistent with defined standards and Agile development practice
Experience in a financial service environment with a focus in Equity front-office applications
• Full stack developer - Both Server-side and UI (HRML5/React)
• Strong JAVA programming experience is required
• Good understanding in data persistence (SQL or noSQL) data paradigms
• Solid financial engineering background is desirable
• Prior experience developing middleware (MQ, data caching) and core java is required
• Experience in front-office capital markets/investment management applications desired
• Understanding of Equities markets is strongly desired
• Experience working with market Data Feeds
• Agile development experience or equivalent in fast-paced development environment
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, butalso change the world.
JPMorgan Chase &Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building atechnology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourageprofessional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a globaltechnology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people andcompanies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorganChase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerDisability/Veteran.