Our client, a leading global Asset Manager, is seeking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel to join their legal team in London. This is a Fixed-Term Contract role for 13 months. The role will be responsible for all legal matters relating to the wider business of the organisation with a focus on funds and UCITS.
Senior Legal Counsel
Our client, a leading global Asset Manager, is seeking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel to join their legal team in London. This is a Fixed-Term Contract role for 13 months and they can offer around £80-90,000. The role will be responsible for all legal matters relating to the wider business of the organisation with a focus on funds and UCITS.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a range of documents and dealing with legal questions as they arise across the business.
- Focussing on working with the Product Solutions team to provide legal support in relation to the development of new products and the launch and maintenance of new and existing funds.
- Review, draft and negotiate contractual documentation for the for the organisation’s UK group companies, with primary focus and specific responsibility for the UK and Irish fund range and product related documentation (e.g. incorporation documents, prospectuses, supplements, KIIDs application forms etc.) and all related legal agreements (e.g. investment management agreements, administration, custodian and depositary agreements, ACD agreements), in conjunction with external lawyers (as required).
- Review, draft and update fund related documents (such as IFA/Intermediary documentation, distribution agreements, platform agreements, etc.).
- Experience and ability to draft and negotiate trading documentation including MiFID TOBs, ISDA and related documentation, preferred.
- Law degree with minimum of 4+ years PQE with previous funds experience gained either in private practice or an in-house role.
- Both UK and Irish fund experience would be beneficial
- Strong academic background.
- Strong drafting and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and client-service skills.